Psalmodi was a Benedictine monastery located near the mouth of the Rhone River in south-central France. Founded in the early ninth century, the monks at Psalmodi constructed several abbey churches and cloister buildings up until the fourteenth century; their community flourished until the sixteen century, when the monks moved to the nearby town of Aigues-Mortes. Although the monastery buildings were destroyed by fire in 1610, and subsequently dismantled for their building stone, researchers are now reconstructing the interiors of these buildings from the building stones left at the site and from evidence recorded over the past forty years by intercollegiate teams led by professors at Williams College and the University of Maine.